"You know how I feel about the homeless. They're human beings. And they have no homes." -Travis Cole, Dirty Work

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gyeong-Ju, South Korea

Woj and I took the Lotte Hotel monthly trip for extended stay guests to Gyeong-Ju on Sunday. The tour group was mostly foreigners working at other refineries in the area. It was a lovely half-day outing that started with an hour long bus ride to a Korean bbq restaurant. The food was really good, aside from the kimchi that stared at me the whole meal. We had some pork, spicy soup, rice, strange sides, fishy stuff, etc.
Gyeong-Ju Pictures
Apparently Gyeong-Ju, along with lots of cities in Asia it seems like, as 'famous' for their cherry blossoms which were in bloom when we arrived. It was alright, I guess. Anyways, the main purpose of this trip was to see a Buddhist temple in Bulguksa.

The temple was pretty sweet. They had Buddha statues there.


More importantly is the habit that Matt and I picked up here to photograph unsuspecting older ladies with stale-faces. You know, those women with strange expressions on their faces? Maybe it's a strange expression, sometimes it's just plain ugly, but usually it's permasteyl. That's the look. What can I say. I like people watching.

No comments: