"You know how I feel about the homeless. They're human beings. And they have no homes." -Travis Cole, Dirty Work

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Zurich, Switzerland

At this point, I have been in Italy for 90 days so I needed to leave the EU. Fortunately, Switzerland is the closest country to the north and is not a member of the EU...so I took myself there for a weekend. I took the short flight and stayed in a hotel with a fitness center...finally! I stayed in Friday and slept in on Saturday morning, which I was really happy about since I worked the weekend before.

Zurich Pictures

Unbeknownst to me at the time, there was a gigantic street parade going on in Zurich this weekend.



This was basically like Halloween and tailgating all rolled into one. There was a ton of drinking on the streets, performers, street vendors, and most importantly: people dressed up like prostitutes. Another great place to people watch.

I piled down some Bratwurst and made my way to the Kunsthaus Art museum...which was lovely. Then it was back out to the parade and walking the Swiss streets.



Overall, I liked Switzerland in my weekend trip of only seeing one city. Almost everyone speaks English and German, so it was very easy to get around. Plus, all I really needed to know how to say was Heineken and Bratwurst.



Plus I bought some chocolate...and it's flippin delicious.

No comments: