"You know how I feel about the homeless. They're human beings. And they have no homes." -Travis Cole, Dirty Work

Thursday, July 31, 2008

25th Birthday

I’ve been in a different city on my birthday the past few years, but the result is usually the same.

21 – Atlanta, GA – Outback with Tommy, Rey, and Brittney
(totally sober, surprisingly)
22 – Richmond, VA – Various bars, broken window, blood, hospital
(blacked out…hard)
23 – Dublin, Ireland – Guinness Storehouse early & Pub Crawl late
(blacked out)
24 – Chicago, IL – Party in Wrigley
(COME ON, Wrigley?)
25 – Venice, Italy – Redentore Fireworks
(waited til Saturday, but...)

My birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, which isn’t really a party night by any account…well unless you are a raging alcoholic. Birthdays aren’t really a big deal to me, but it’s always nice to get together with some friends and go to dinner. Stephanie deviously plotted with my coworkers to throw me a bit of a surprise party on Monday. I thought I was just headed to Ristorante Dante with her, but everyone was there when we showed up.



On my actual birthday, I just went to dinner with Sveta and Tri and then played some billiards. I saved the blacking out for the Redentore Fireworks Festival in Venice the following Saturday. I don’t have any good fireworks pictures since it was dark, but it was a really good show for about 45 minutes which partially made up for missing the 4th of July. At least I got as many mosquito bites as I would have on the 4th in the US. Aside from that, Tri and I decided to dress up like guidos and blend in. I think we pulled it off.



Well...at least Tri pulled it off...ha.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Does that really count as dressing up for tri?! LOL