"You know how I feel about the homeless. They're human beings. And they have no homes." -Travis Cole, Dirty Work

Monday, December 1, 2008

Bangkok, Thailand

On the heels of returning from Cambodia, I stayed in Bangkok to meet up with Novotny who decided to fly in from the Philippines. This was a good decision.



For those of you who are fuzzy on the details, Andrew is one of the 3 guys I lived with in Wrigley before traveling. That is him above with his change purse. Inside his change purse he keeps Thai Baht, Filipino Pesos, and a rather disturbing picture of Chase Utley and Ryan Howard wearing only knee-high socks, baseball cleats, and Phillies hats.

Bangkok Pictures

I arrived late on Friday evening, so it was straight to the go-gos and disco. First stop: Soi Cowboy. Good call. At least they aren’t trying to fool you.



A ridiculous night of bar hopping and clubbing ensued capped off with seeing the sunrise over a massive Santa sleigh. We also did some sight seeing...but not too much. Apparently the Grand Palace 'closes' at 3:30pm, but here is a nice view of one of the nearby temples.

No comments: