"You know how I feel about the homeless. They're human beings. And they have no homes." -Travis Cole, Dirty Work

Monday, November 3, 2008

Pattaya, Thailand

Fresh into Bangkok, I am faced with a choice. Should I go to my hotel in Rayong and relax for the weekend, or should I meet my coworkers in Pattaya and party in the sex trade capital of the world? OK, so not a tough decision.



Within the first 2 hours of being in Pattaya, I check into my hotel, meet up with about 7 people, and head to a go-go bar. Basically to sum this up without getting too graphic, the girls dance almost naked/completely naked and perform shows. Despite Thailand being a monarchy and a rather poor country, Pattaya is a city of consumerism where the money flows. You can buy whatever you want, from electronics to cheap knock off clothes to tiny gay Thai men to be by your side all weekend.

Pattaya Pictures

I saw some of the most fucked up shit imaginable in 48 hours in Pattaya, that I can’t even write about it. But I can provide details for the imagination – soapy water, oil, shiny poles, ice cubes, ping pong balls, darts, old men, whips, chains, whistles, yo-yos, my grandmother riding by on a bicycle…giving me the finger…and a duck?!? You can take it from there. If you want some stories, you’ll have to catch up with me for a beer sometime in the next 5 years.


Halloween on Walking Street

Well, I had a sweet weekend, and it was really nice to be with a big group of people from the office. I will be back.

2 comments:

Angela said...

You'll be back, and back, and back, and back. LOL

Angela said...

What no creed on the pictures!??!?!?!
LOL