Yokkaichi Pictures
The town was fairly small but pretty nice and new. There were a lot of places within walking distance. About the only thing I didn't like is the lack of a gym in the hotel. But that seems to be pretty constant.
Japan is expensive, though. We took a taxi to work everyday, and it was about $30 US each way (expensed, of course). Window shopping around the mall I saw hats are about 6,000 yen ($60) and haircut 4,000 yen ($40). I didn't buy much. The food was really good, too. Of course it didn't hurt that I had Sekine-san there to translate and order for me in restaurants. We brought lunch to work everyday, so I bought stuff at the grocery store attached to our hotel each night. This is the plaza right outside the hotel and in front of Apita.
The grocery store (Apita) was a huge place inside an even bigger building, which is quite common. It was a department store with nice places on different levels, a dollar store on the top floor (well, 105 yen store), and the giant grocery store on the bottom level. I mostly stuck to eating Bento (loosely translated - lunchbox)...which were delicious, but I also ate plenty of sushi and sashimi...which was even more delicious. By this time I am pretty handy with chop sticks after spending several months in Asia.
I have eaten plenty of rice.
I still have a hard time saying 'Konnichiwa' without saying 'bitches' after it because of the Chapelle show.



No comments:
Post a Comment