"You know how I feel about the homeless. They're human beings. And they have no homes." -Travis Cole, Dirty Work

Monday, March 17, 2008

Back to Chicago

Because of my delay in the Manila airport, I missed my connecting flight in Hong Kong, and of course there is only one flight per day from Hong Kong to Chicago. This would stress some people out, but I’ve got nothing but time when I’m traveling for work. Other people missed connections too, and Philippines Airlines put us in a hotel in Hong Kong for the night. I wish I could have gone out in the city, but it was pretty late when we checked in, so I stayed in. After a RIDICULOUS buffet at the hotel restaurant, I pretty much passed out around 9:30pm. I think my meal consisted of 3 different gourmet entrees, a giant salad bar (with dressing other than mayonnaise which was a nice change), fruit salad, rolls, and the dessert bar which I sampled just about everything. I will go into more detail…peach crumble, ice cream, blueberry cheesecake, carrot cake, there was a chocolate fountain for fondue (which I bathed in), and some other things I am forgetting. So…point of the story…I have two more stamps in my passport for arriving in and departing from Hong Kong. Here is a picture of my morning in the Hong Kong Business Lounge. Proceeding onto the 15 hour flight to O’Hare…

There were some shitty movies, so I watched Ladies’ Man and Beerfest on my iPod until it died. I did some crossword puzzles, and slept a few hours. It wasn’t too bad, but I wish the movies were better. I stooped so low as to watch Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium…twice. I also saw Michael Clayton which was ok.

Finally, we reached Chicago the day after snow just took a 6 inch dumper on the city the night before. I stepped off the plane and almost seized up. I haven’t felt anything colder than 70 degrees in 4 months. I dropped by the office (picture above), saw a few people and learned of my new assignment…Argentina. Can’t complain. It’s summer there.

I'm leaving Saturday.

No comments: